Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: What would you do?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    What would you do?

    I've dropped mine before at Walmart near the entrance, went to my car and realized it, when I came in a lady recognized it was me from my license and ran up to give it to me...I had like 130 bucks in there too at the time. Couldn't thank her enough. Then at the fair, I dropped it beside my car and a group of guys got out at the same time...realized I dropped it when I was walking in and ran back there, they were all standing around my car talking, but the wallet was still there on the ground. Was about 10 seconds away from losing it I think.


    London, England (CNN) -- Only one in five people who finds a wallet in the street would hand it in or try to track down the owner, a British privacy protection firm said Wednesday.

    That's despite three-fifths of people saying they would try to return it, CPP said.

    The findings throw people's honesty into question, but they also show the importance of taking care of one's belongings, CPP said.

    Researchers dropped 20 wallets and purses in each of five British cities -- London, Birmingham, Cardiff, Glasgow and Leeds -- earlier this summer. Each wallet or purse contained ?10 ($15.60), a photograph, tickets, receipts and business cards that linked the item to the research team.

    The "drops" were made at shopping centers, museums, cafes, parking garages, and on the street and public transportation, CPP said.

    Only 20 percent of the wallets and purses were returned, and only 55 percent of those contained the original sum of money, CPP said.

    Researchers also interviewed a random sample of adults and found that 10 percent had lost their wallet in the past five years, and an additional 8 percent lost their wallets through theft.

    The polling was conducted by ICM, which interviewed 2,029 people over four days in July and August.

    They found people carry an average of ?85 ($133) in cash and more than ?7,000 ($10,900) in credit in their wallets every day, CPP said. The average person will also spend more than 110 hours -- or four and a half days -- replacing their personal mementos, and credit and debit cards, it said.

    "Losing your wallet is a highly stressful experience and causes great inconvenience and worry," said Sarah Blaney, a card fraud expert from CPP. "With the vast majority of people carrying their credit and debit cards, as well as vital personal information in their wallets, millions of people are putting themselves at risk of fraud."

    Researchers found a wallet or purse is far likelier to be returned if it's lost in a museum, with 47 percent of the ones dropped there having been returned. About a third of those lost in shopping centers were handed in, they said.

    None of the items lost in cafes or on public transportation were returned, they said.

    Of the five cities where the wallets were dropped, London proved to be the most honest, with all returned wallets still containing the original amount of money, CPP said. Birmingham fared the worst, with one in four wallets returned and all being empty.

    Lost wallets are rarely returned, research finds - CNN.com

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What would you do?

    I lost mine Spring of last year with almost $500 in work cash, 3 credit cards, a debit card, and never saw it again. Last saw it and think I lost it in Ramsey. I never had a chance.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  3. #3
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What would you do?

    I found at least one and gave it to a store manager. Left one in the Subway In I think pennington. Girl found it and held it for us.
    GO VOLS

  4. #4
    Inactive Member 7teen's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2009
    Posts
    458
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What would you do?

    I left mine at a gas station recently on top of the pumps. I didn't have pockets so after swiping my card for gas, I just laid it on the pump. Forgot to get it when I left. Had no money it in, only license, a few various cards, and my debit card. It got turned in and was being held at the register. It was at least 5 hours before I realized I had left it.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What would you do?

    Found a Lady's purse at Norton Walmart a couple weeks back and turned it in to one of the employees outside.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What would you do?

    Wife left her purse in an Old Navy store in Brunswick, Ga. a few years back and it had like over 3,000 buck worth of traveler's checks in it. Didn't realize she had left it until we were almost in Florida. We turned back and it was still in the buggy she left it in and no one had touched it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •